Travelling allowance rates as per pay revision 2016Note :- Gr.II(a) officer is eligible for IInd AC class if Ist class is not available in the train
Gr.II(b) officer is eligible for Ist class if IIIAC is not available in the train.
1. The journey should be of more than 8 km to become eligible for Mileage Allowances.
2. Heads of Depts., PS to Ministers and AIS officers are categorized as Grade I irrespective of pay drawn by them.
3. NG Officers & LG servants when they accompany the Governor and Ministers will be treated as Gr II(b)
4. Incidental Expenses for Air journey is limited to 1 Daily Allowance for all class of officers
5. Officers whose pay scale is 55350-101400 or above can travel through air.
6. Taxi car rate for Gr I officers and autorikshaw fare for others are eligible for a travel up to 8 km. (Max. Rs.150/day) or Actual Expenses if travel is by other means.
Auto rickshaw fare for journeys on tour : Actual fare at the rate fixed by Government from time to time for a maximum of 2 journeys daily (plus 1 journey per tour from residence to airport / railway station/bus stand and 1 journey per tour from airport /railway station / bus stand to residence), limiting the distance of single journey to 15 km. subject to a maximum of Rs 150 per day. 5. Minimum Incidental Expenses should be equivalent to ½ DA
6. DA is not allowed for halt for a period of more than 3 months.
7. Halt period DA rate Boarding Lodging DA rate
Upto 6 hrs. NIL Free Free ¼ DA
>6 hrs. & <=12 hrs. ½ DA Free Not free DA
>12 hrs. & <=24 hrs 1 DA Not free Free 2/3 DA
>24 hrs. and upto 10 days Full DA
for next 20 days ¾ DA and ½ DA there after
8. For getting a break in tour, the officer should stay outside 8 km of his permanent/temporary HQ for 3 days minimum (at least 3 nights)
9. Road mileage is not admissible for travel by dept. vehicle. In such cases the officer can claim for Incidental Expenses only or one DA
10. Mileage allowances can be paid at the at Rs 2/km for road journey irrespective of class of officer