08 November 2017

Spark Frequently Asked Questions

                                   FAQs -- SPARK 
1) How to generate a PEN (Permanent Employee Number) ?
DDO can Generate PEN under Admin/Profile menu – New Employee Record. (Form-1 from fresh recruitees is to be collected and all the mandatory fields are to be entered while generating PEN, including the uploading of Photo & Signature) 
2) Is it possible to generate two or more PENS for an employee?
PEN is unique and duplicate PEN with same fields (Name, DOB, Father’s name etc) can never be generated. 
3) Various forms for various updations in SPARK are available?
All forms are available in www.info.spark.gov.in 
4) What is form-3 & form-5? 
Form-3 is for DDO login setting. Form-5 for controlling officer setting. Please email authenticated scanned copies of these forms to info@spark.gov.in or to nearest district treasury help desk for updation. 
5) Can a DDO having only charge of an office can be set?
Yes, in that case login for bill generation can be given to a senior most officer in that office and DDO name can be set with the charge officer. Please mention that in Form-3. 
6) Who can lock & unlock the data in SPARK?
The Controlling Officer updated using form-5 can lock & unlock data of employees in an Office. However the data locked by treasury audit team can be opened by treasury official only.
7) How HRA/CCA of an office can be changed? 
Please send duly authenticated scanned copy of Form-6 for that. 
8) How PRAN can be added in SPARK, if not available?
PRAN will be automatically updated in SPARK. See service matters – Personal details - present service details to verify whether PRAN is added. If so, please insert NPS deduction (NPS contribution in the state) in present salary menu. If PRAN is no there, send an e-mail to snokerala.fin@kerala.gov.in with Name, PEN & PRAN for updation. 
9) How DDO Registration number can be added in SPARK, if not available?
DDO Registration number will be automatically updated in SPARK. See Admin/profile – Code masters – DDO for DDO registration no. If it is not there, please send an e-mail quoting 10 digit DDO Code & DDO Registration number to snokerala.fin@kerala.gov.in 
10) Whom to contact for DDO Registration number? 
Please contact your sub/district treasury for DDO Registration Number for your office. 
11) Who can approve claims? The officer whose PEN is available in the DDO table (Admn/profile – Code masters – DDO) only can approve claims. 
12) How to update AG slip in SPARK?
Electronic updation of digitally signed AG Slips in SPARK are being done by EDP cell in AG office. So DDO can never update an AG slip details in SPARK. 
13) What to do when an error message “report generation failed, bill processed with errors” is seen while trying to take printouts of bills & schedules? 
Go to salary processing menu – refresh – see the message job completed with errors – view errors. Click on view errors to identify the issue. 
14) What is service History? 
The service details upto the “last pay/office/design change date” in present salary menu is to be updated in service history. Eg:- The last pay / Design / Office change is 01/01/2016, then the service history must have entries upto 31/12/2015 (except in the case of fresh entrants on 01/01/2016). For DA/Salary arrears processing, the data in service history must be updated properly. 
15) What to do when the name of an employee is not listing for pay revision 2014 fixation? 
Please update his service history and then try. If he/she was on LWA or deputation, please update that detail also. 
16) Whom to contact for SPARK complaints? The DDO first, the District treasury helpdesks secondly then to SPARK PMU on appointment basis. See the tutorials in the scrolling message column in the login page of SPARK for details. 
17) What are the other modes of help lines? e-mail, chat & phone are also available see info.spark.giv.in for details.
18) What to do when e-submission status shows success (with errors)? 
Please send the 20 digit SPARK bill control code of that bill to spark.fin@kerala.gov.in or info@spark.gov.in for resolving. 19) Login Password is lost or login blocked what to do? Users can use the forget password link in the login page of SPARK to reset the password via OTP sent to user’s mobile.
20) What to do Login terminated message is shown? 
Please contact your nearest district treasury helpdesk to check the issue. Normally the users other than DDOs will be given login privilege for a short period. This message arises in that cases when that period exceeds. 
21) Will retired employees will list for salary, arrear or claim processing? 
Yes. Employees retired within two years back will be listed. 
22) My bank branch is not available in SPARK. What to do?
If the account is in a Public Sector Bank, please request that bank to send an email to spark.fin@kerala.gov.in form their official id for adding their branch. 
23) How to mark deputation to take part salary and arrear claims?
Go to service matters – Relieve on deputation – set part salary. (If required office is not listed, choose Autonomous bodies Department – deputation office) 
24) I don’t have an e-mail id and mobile or landline number. How my contact details will be updated? 
e-mail, mobile number etc are mandatory fields. So give the details of your office or DDO, if the employee don’t have such data. 
25) Is e-submission mandatory for all bills? 
Yes e-submission is now mandatory for all salary bills including arrear bills, surrender bills, non salary claim bills etc. 
26) In the view submitted bills under accounts menu, the status is objected. But encashment details are seen updated. What to do?
Please obtain a non-payment certificate from treasury officer quoting the 20 digit spark code of the bill and e-mail to SPARK. 
27) When arrear bill is taken, a water mark “error report” is seen. What to do?
Please send that bill via e-mail to SPARK. We will correct it and inform you. 
28) How to Process Multiple Salary Bill and merge the salary arrear completely to PF Account of Employees 
( refer GO(P) No. 29/2016/GEDN dated 29/1/2016) 
Provision for processing the Multiple Salary Bill and merge the salary arrear completely to PF Account of Employees is NOT available in SPARK. 
But option to add Salary Arrear(Allowance History) and Arrear to PF (Present salary-- Deduction side) for salary bills to be processed is provided in SPARK. Salary Arrear should be prepared (Manually) and attached manually with the bill.

17 October 2017

Kerala Service Rules-Travelling Allowance - Autorickshaw fare per day reg.

26 July 2017

ISM to Unicode converter online

You can convert your ism text (ML-TT Rvathi ) to unicode text from below,

Step 1: Past your ML-TT Revathi text in left box.

Step 2: Click convert button. Converted unicode text will appear at right box.

Kerala Government employees TA Bill maker application

26 June 2017


എല്ലാ ജീവനക്കാരും അംഗമായിട്ടുള്ള, നമ്മൾ PF എന്നു പറയുന്ന GPF (General Provident Fund) നെ പറ്റി ചില കാര്യങ്ങൾ :- ഇപ്പോൾ കേരളത്തിലെ ജീവനക്കാരുടെ PF സംബന്ധമായ കാര്യങ്ങൾ നടപ്പാക്കുന്നത് GO(P)94/2012 dtd.7.2.2012 പ്രകാരമുള്ള GPF Rules പ്രകാരമാണ്.

1) അംഗത്വം :- 
                            സർവ്വീസിൽ കയറുന്ന എല്ലാ അംഗങ്ങളും PF ൽ നിർബന്ധമായും വരിക്കാരാകേണ്ടതാണ്. അപേക്ഷാ ഫോമും നോമിനേഷനും പൂരിപ്പിച്ച് മേലധികാരിക്ക് അപേക്ഷ സമർപ്പിച്ച് PF-ൽ വരിക്കാരാകാവുന്നതാണ്. നോമിനിയേ വയ്ക്കുമ്പോൾ "ഫാമിലിയി"ൽ ആരെയെങ്കിലും വയ്ക്കണം. Wife, Husband,Minor son, Unmarried/divorced daughter, major son, father, mother, Minor brother, unmarried sister തുടങ്ങിയവരാണ് PF ചട്ടപ്രകാരം Family യുടെ നിർവചനത്തിൽ പെടുന്നവർ. അവിവാഹിതനായ ഒരാൾക്ക് മേൽ പറഞ്ഞതിൽ ആരെ വേണമെങ്കിലും നോമിനിയാക്കാം. എന്നാൽ വിവാഹിതനാകുന്നതോടുകൂടി ആ നോമിനേഷൻ അസാധുവാകുന്നു. നോമിനിയെ എപ്പോൾ വേണമെങ്കിലും change ചെയ്യാവുന്നതാണ്. ഇതിനായി പുതിയ നോമിനേഷൻ ഫോമും വെള്ള പേപ്പറിൽ ഉള്ള അപേക്ഷയും മേലധികാരിക്ക് കൊടുത്താൽ മതിയാകും.

2) വരിസംഖ്യ :- 
                                 എല്ലാമാസവും നിശ്ചിത തുക വരിസംഖ്യയായി അപേക്ഷ കൊടുക്കുന്ന സമയത്ത് തന്നെ നമ്മൾ തീരുമാനിക്കേണ്ടതാണ്‌. ഇത് കുറഞ്ഞത് Basic ന്റെ 6% ഉം കൂടിയത് Basic ന്റെ തുല്യമായ തുകയും ആണ്. ഉദാഹരണത്തിന് 30000 രൂപ Basic ഉള്ള ഒരാൾക്ക് PF ൽ ഇടാവുന്ന കുറഞ്ഞ തുക 1800/- ഉം കൂടിയ തുക 30000 ഉം ആണ്. വർഷത്തിൽ രണ്ട് തവണ വരിസംഖ്യ വർദ്ധിപ്പിക്കുകയും ഒരു തവണ കുറയ്ക്കുകയും ചെയ്യാം.

 3) ക്രെഡിറ്റ് കാർഡ് :- 
                                            PF-ൽ അംഗങ്ങളായവർക്ക് Account General(AG) ഓഫീസിൽ നിന്നും കിട്ടുന്ന രേഖ. സാമ്പത്തിക വർഷം കണക്കാക്കിയാണ് Credit card തയ്യാറാക്കുക. അതായത് April to March. ഓരോ മാസവും നമ്മൾ അടച്ച തുകയും, ക്ഷാമബത്ത ലയിപ്പിച്ച തുകയും, വായ്പയുണ്ടെങ്കിൽ അതും, സർക്കാർ നിക്ഷേപത്തിന് നൽകുന്ന പലിശയും എല്ലാം Credit card ൽ ഉൾപ്പെട്ടിരിക്കും. ഇത് AG Kerala യുടെ വെബ്സൈറ്റിൽ നിന്നും download ചെയ്യാവുന്നതാണ്. Down load ചെയ്യുവാൻ ഒരു PlN ആവശ്യമാണ്‌. ഈ PlN കണ്ടു പിടിക്കുവാനായി 999999 ൽ നിന്നും Account No. കുറച്ചാൽ മതി.
4) വായ്പ:-  
                         നമ്മുടെ ഡെപ്പോസിറ്റിൽ നിന്നും വായ്പ എടുക്കാവുന്നതാണ്. ഇത് രണ്ടു വിധമുണ്ട്. തിരിച്ചടക്കുന്ന വായ്പ(Temporary Advance അഥവാ TA) യും തിരിച്ചടക്കേണ്ടത്ത വായ്പ(Non Refundable Advance അഥവാ NRA) യും. ഇതിൽ TA എടുക്കുവാൻ പ്രത്യേക ഫോമും പൂരിപ്പിച്ച് അവസാനം ലഭിച്ച മൂന്ന് credit card ഉം ചേർത്ത് അപേക്ഷ നൽകണം. അക്കൗണ്ടിലുള്ള ബാലൻസ് തുകയുടെ 75% TA ആയി എടുക്കാവുന്നതാണ്. ഇത് തിരിച്ചടക്കുവാൻ 12 മുതൽ 36 വരെയുള്ള തവണകൾ തിരഞ്ഞെടുക്കാവുന്നതാണ്. ഒരു വർഷത്തിൽ രണ്ട് തവണ TA എടുക്കാവുന്നതാണ്‌. NRA എടുക്കുവാൻ കുറഞ്ഞത് 10 വർഷം സർവീസ് വേണം. ഇത് അനുവദിക്കുന്നത് AG ആണ്. NRA എടുക്കുവാനുള്ള പ്രത്യേക ഫോമും മൂന്ന് credit card ഉം അപേക്ഷയും മേലധികാരിക്ക് സമർപ്പിക്കണം. NRA Form രണ്ടെണ്ണം വയ്ക്കണം. NRA സർവിസിൽ എത്ര തവണ വേണമെങ്കിലും എടുക്കാവുന്നതാണ്. TA എടുത്തത് രണ്ട് തവണ ശമ്പളത്തിൽ നിന്നും പിടിച്ചു കഴിഞ്ഞാൽ NRA ആക്കി മാറ്റാം. ഇതിന് NRA Conversion എന്ന് പറയും. ഇതിന് പ്രത്യേക ഫോറം(2 സെറ്റ്) പൂരിപ്പിച്ച് വെള്ള പേപ്പറിൽ അപേക്ഷയും നൽകിയാൽ മതിയാകും. അടിയന്തിരമായി പണത്തിന് ആവശ്യമുള്ളവർ Temporary Advance എടുത്ത ശേഷം രണ്ട് തവണ പിടിച്ച് കഴിഞ്ഞ് NRA യിലേക്ക് മാറ്റുന്നതാണ് നല്ലത്. പ്രത്യേകം ശ്രദ്ധിക്കുക. DA നerge ചെയ്യുന്ന തുക മാസാമാസം ലഭിക്കുന്ന Payslip ൽ കാണിച്ചിരിക്കും. credit card കിട്ടുമ്പോൾ ഈ തുക account ൽ എത്തിയിട്ടുണ്ടെന്ന് ഉറപ്പു വരുത്തുക. അതുപോലെ തന്നെ വായ്പ തുക Balance തുകയുടെ 75% എന്ന് നേരത്തെ പറഞ്ഞിരുന്നു. Merged DA തുകയ്ക്ക് മൂന്നു വർഷമാണ് കാലാവധി. അപേക്ഷ വയ്ക്കുമ്പോൾ കാലാവധി ആയ Merged DA തുക മാത്രമേ കൂട്ടുകയുള്ളൂ. NRA അപേക്ഷ കൊടുത്ത് ഫയൽ AG ഓഫീസിലേക്ക് പോയി നിശ്ചിത ദിവസം കഴിഞ്ഞ് വേണമെങ്കിൽ 04712330311 എന്ന നമ്പരിൽ ബന്ധപ്പെടാവുന്നതാണ്. ഓപ്പറേറ്റർ ആണ് ഫോൺ എടുക്കുന്നത്. ജില്ലയും ഡിപാർട്ട്മെൻറും പറയുമ്പോൾ ബന്ധപ്പെട്ട സെക്ഷനിലേക്ക് connect ചെയ്യും. Section officer മാരാകും അവിടെ ഫോൺ എടുക്കുക. Account No. ഉം പേരും പറഞ്ഞാൽ ഫയലിന്റെ സ്ഥിതി അറിയാവുന്നതാണ്

02 June 2017

Travelling allowance rates as per pay revision 2016

Travelling allowance rates as per pay revision 2016
Note :- Gr.II(a) officer is eligible for IInd AC class if Ist class is not available in the train 
            Gr.II(b) officer is eligible for Ist class if IIIAC is not available in the train. 
Other conditions 
1. The journey should be of more than 8 km to become eligible for Mileage Allowances. 
2. Heads of Depts., PS to Ministers and AIS officers are categorized as Grade I irrespective of pay drawn by them. 
3. NG Officers & LG servants when they accompany the Governor and Ministers will be treated as Gr II(b) 
4. Incidental Expenses for Air journey is limited to 1 Daily Allowance for all class of officers 
5. Officers whose pay scale is 55350-101400 or above can travel through air. 
6. Taxi car rate for Gr I officers and autorikshaw fare for others are eligible for a travel up to 8 km. (Max. Rs.150/day) or Actual Expenses if travel is by other means. 
   Auto rickshaw fare for journeys on tour : Actual fare at the rate fixed by Government from time to time for a maximum of 2 journeys daily (plus 1 journey per tour from residence to airport / railway station/bus stand and 1 journey per tour from airport /railway station / bus stand to residence), limiting the distance of single journey to 15 km. subject to a maximum of Rs 150 per day. 5. Minimum Incidental Expenses should be equivalent to ½ DA 
6. DA is not allowed for halt for a period of more than 3 months. 
7.   Halt period                DA rate         Boarding        Lodging           DA rate
     Upto 6 hrs.                                       NIL                     Free                        Free                     ¼ DA 
  >6 hrs. & <=12 hrs.                             ½ DA                    Free                      Not free                 DA
  >12 hrs. & <=24 hrs                             1 DA                  Not free                     Free                    2/3 DA
  >24 hrs. and upto 10 days                  Full DA
  for next 20 days                            ¾ DA and ½ DA there after

8. For getting a break in tour, the officer should stay outside 8 km of his permanent/temporary HQ for 3 days minimum (at least 3 nights)
9. Road mileage is not admissible for travel by dept. vehicle. In such cases the officer can claim for Incidental Expenses only or one DA 
10. Mileage allowances can be paid at the at Rs 2/km for road journey irrespective of class of officer

Joining Time Kerala service rules (R 125-138 )

A. This is the time allowed to join a new post or place on transfer.
This is admissible:
                 a) When transferred while on duty; and
                 b) When transferred while on leave. 
The item (b) above is further classified:
                     I.on return from earned leave
                     II.on return from leave other than EL when the person has no sufficient                                        information about his new appointment. 
B. How granted 
1. When there is no change of office or building: No joining time 
2. For less than 8 km of distance from old station: One day (when relieved from the old station on the AN of Saturday, Sunday the next day is counted as the day for this purpose. R 126) Note: A transfer shall be held to involve a change of station, only when the distance between two places is 8 km or more. 
3. For a distance of 8 km and above:
   a) Preparation time: 6 days
   b) Journey time as below:
           (i) Rail-for every 500 km and fraction-1 day each 
          (ii) Road- for every 150 km and fraction-1 day each 
          (iii) Air- Actual time required for the journey (Part of a day is treated as one day) 
          (iv) Ocean steamer- for every 350 kms or part there of - 1 day each
          (v) River steamer – for every 150 kms or part there of – 1 day each 
          (vi) Other public conveyance – for every 25 km or part – 1 day each
4. Sundays are excluded for the calculation of joining time in ordinary course. But for maximum period of 30 days, Sundays are included.R.127 
5. Normally holidays are included in the Joining time. But, when holidays follow joining time, joining time is deemed to have been extended to cover such holidays. R. 127.
6. When transferred while on transit, a second preparation time will not be allowed. R.130 
7. When transfer is subsequently cancelled, the period from the date of relief and rejoining duty has to be treated as joining time. R.130 
8. When transferred while on EL, the person has to join duty at the new place, only after the expiry of leave and admissible joining time. If he joins duty at the new station, before the expiry of leave, the availed portion of EL will be reduced by the admissible amount of joining time. R.132. 
9. When joining time is combined with vacation, the person may join duty only at the end of vacation.R.132 
10. Normally, joining time is not allowed in the case of transfer, at request. But journey time under item (3) above will be allowed. Note below. R. 136 
11. As per rule 15 part II KSRs, a journey on transfer is held to begin or end at the actual residence of the officer concerned. Hence for the calculation of joining time, the distance of journey can be reckoned from residence to residence. But, it is to be noted that a government servant shall reside within 15 km of distance from his Head Quarter.